Find your window in to healing and wellness
Welcome to exploring yoga therapy with me! I am Barb Gibson, Certified Viniyoga Therapist (C-IAYT), MS, and I am committed to helping others in their pursuit of well-being achieving optimum wellness and health exploring greatest potential in all parts of themselves. Yoga therapy is a powerful tool to learn how to actively optimize your health and empower you to learn more about your body, mind, and deeper connections, improving your overall wellness. Some of the things I focus on are:
1) Management, reduction, and elimination of physical pain such as chronic low back pain, neck and shoulder pain, S/I misalignment and pain, hip pain, knee pain, pain and discomfort due to structural misalignment, fibromyalgia and other consistent global body pain
2) Increasing your overall range of motion, energy, and physical function
3) Stress management and reduction
4) Sleep wellness
5) Reduction and management of symptoms and mental-emotional well-being of chronic illness such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune conditions, and digestive conditions
6) Reduction and management of symptoms and mental-emotional well-being of neuromuscular conditions such as Parkinson's Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
7) Mental and emotional well-being and stability with depression and anxiety
8) Pre and post-surgical care
9) Reconnecting to or reenergizing of your yoga practice for overall wellness and self-discovery
10) Beginning a home yoga practice that aligns with your interests and goals
I am highly-skilled working with the musculoskeletal system and the biomechanics of the body as well as with conditions that affect the physiology of our bodies and will help you explore functional lifestyle activities as you gain more awareness of your body and system to guide our work together. I highly value working with mental obstacles and emotions that may arise in our lives due to health conditions or other circumstances and offer a welcoming and safe space for my clients to explore these using the tools of yoga. I have devoted my time and education and have great passion and joy in helping others meet life's challenges, learn how to optimize their overall health, promote their self-discovery, and find more ease and focus in the physical, mental, and emotional parts of their lives.
I invite you to select one of the topics below to learn more about the work I do or navigate the full site by going to the tabs at the top of this page to learn more details about me, yoga therapy, yoga therapists, the goals of yoga therapy, and the events and activities I am engaged in. Check out the free practices at the bottom of this page to help you get started and you can sign up for news and other events below.
Thanks so much and here’s to your wellness!